‘The Last Jedi’ sequel set for 2019 release date: Report

NEW YORK — The Walt Disney Co. said Tuesday it plans to release “The Last Dragon” sequel in 2019, just three months after it announced that it was ending the production of “The Force Awakens” with a “premature ending.”

“The Last Starfighter” is set for a 2019 release, the company said in a statement.

“We have been working on this film for nearly three years.

This is a big deal and we’re thrilled that Disney will be returning to the galaxy far, far away with the sequel.”

The studio had been working with producer Frank Marshall on a “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” sequel for the last two years, but Marshall abruptly ended production of the film after the end of “Rogue One” in 2019.

The studio said it was not going to make the sequel until the end in 2020.

The final release date was still up in the air, and the film would have to clear a number of hurdles before hitting theaters.

Disney did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Disney is still making plans for a “Lego Batman 3” sequel and is developing a new live-action franchise.

The company has also been exploring other ways to get more people into theaters.

It also has plans to expand its “Marvel Cinematic Universe,” which includes its “Star Trek” TV series.